Monday, September 15, 2008

Where Have All My Children Gone?


Ok, I'm sure somewhere in the back of my mind I knew this day would come, but seriously, this is ridiculous!! Here I am 5:21 PM in the afternoon (early evening!) and I am home alone!! I think that is why I had five children - I hate to be home alone! I'm trying to count my blessings...Natalie and B are steadfast and sure as they enter year number three of Med School Of course, they had to go far, far away to Vermont, but I shouldn't complain because my cousin just entered Med School in Puerto Rico - it could be worse! Their cute girls keep me entertained on the phone - Niah tells me about the 'Nation' and Chloe and I talk 'animal'! Tam and Todd heeded my plea to choose a Med School that had a direct flight from Salt Lake. Woops! I forgot to mention to them that a 3 hour drive from the airport was not what I was thinking. They are getting a taste of the 'country life' and maybe Preslee and Baby Boy Jacobs won't be total 'city kids'. Preslee loves to say 'hi' on the phone and lets me know when she is 'all done' talking. Colin returned from his mission and I'm still grateful for the footprints in the carpet on the way to his room. He has new digs in Provo, but I like that he shows up enough to keep those prints there. Now, McKell, we may never see again. She is in her element! She loves school, dorm life, and she is always looking for her next adventure. Now, the baby, Kaitie Bug, she still lives here - at least her bed looks like it has been slept in each morning. She is busy with High School life and dancing her heart away. Let's not forget my better half - Mikie! He is building the project of his dreams (day and night dreams - he is obsessed!). Because of his hard work we will have a haven in the mountains....and here I am - ALONE AT HOME. I guess I'll go crochet! I love you family wherever you are and I'm proud of all you're doing!



4 comments:

Nat said...

Mom, I love your post. I bet it is weird to be home all alone. Sometimes I wish that I could be home all alone!! I know that I will miss the girls when they are all grown and gone. We can't wait for you and dad to come visit. Niah keeps asking me when you're coming! Love ya.
P.S. I tagged you... read my blog to see.

Kell said...

Oh my motha, how I miss you. Sorry you are alone all the time! Feel free to come down here anytime! :) Love ya dearly!

Tamara Jacobs said...

YAY!I'm so glad you blogged:) I love your post. I miss you!! I bet that is weird to be home all alone after all the ruckus we caused you for so many years:) Is there a fast train from Draper to Kirksville? I wish! love you!

AnnDeO said...

Are you sure we are sisters? I love being home alone! Of course I love the boys and all their 'energy', but I love the quiet as well.